We offer a comprehensive assortment of business services, from basic bookkeeping to high level accounting, taxation, and business consulting services. We work in tandem with business owners to ensure that timelines are met and that high-quality financial information is available for use in decision making. Happy to deal with the 'boring stuff' we allow Management to focus on their core business.
* Preparation and e-filing of Corporate Return;
* Advising on accounting alternatives available and the tax implications thereof;
* Tax Audit support and liaison with the CRA on your behalf;
* Review of prior year Corporate Returns, where appropriate.
* Focus on taking the pressure off of small business owners to allow them to focus on their core business;
* General Ledger maintenance and account reconciliation;
* Calculation and payment of payroll;
* Payroll remittance; T4; T5 and ROE filings;
* Preparation and review of GST / HST remittances.
* Preparation and e-filing of personal tax returns for the current year or prior;
* Advising on tax scenarios and options available;
* Dialogue with client to ensure that all applicable deductions / credits are utilized.
* Financial Statement compilation for use in Management decision making processes, external review, or as a base for T2 Corporate Returns.
* Consulting on best practices for recordkeeping;
* Financial Analysis and Commentary.
* Consulting regarding finance industry
* Assistance in preparing for an upcoming MFDA review.
* Consultation service surrounding the Pros and Cons of Incorporation;
* Generation of Articles of Incorporation and registration of your business;
* Consultation on best-practices for record-keeping which will get your organization off on the right foot.
* French-English and English-French translation of any documents – either related to accounting/finance or not.
At Barkley and Barkley Professional Corporation we leverage the experience of our partners to provide superior service to clients large or small. We strive to exceed client expectations by being reliable, available, efficient and accurate in all that we do.
After completing both an undergraduate degree in Business Administration at Wilfrid Laurier University and qualifying as a Chartered Accountant, Alexa began a career with KPMG in Toronto. Throughout her time with KPMG, she amassed a vast knowledge of the financial aspects required to run both private and public businesses.
Since setting up her accounting firm in 2007, Alexa has worked with private businesses in a variety of industries. While performing accounting duties, preparing tax returns and other filings and helping small businesses take the next step, Alexa has amassed a wealth of experience in both the day-to-day activities required to run a successful business and the back-office activities required to keep it profitable. Working closely with owners, entrepreneurs and senior management, Alexa has worked with companies in all stages of the growth cycle. Whether it was an entrepreneur starting out and wanting to set up a business, a company that is experiencing growth, or companies preparing for major changes in both their market and the way they participate, Alexa has provided the necessary guidance and support to ensure that the companies have attained the goals they set for themselves. Alexa also provides personal taxation services to a variety of clients with varying financial circumstances. Such work is done in a timely manner, with a focus on maintaining a strong client relationship.
Alexa is also very active in her community, serving as Chair of Willow Glen Public School’s school council, and leading the 129th Brownie group in Mississauga.
Scott completed the Bachelor of Commerce program at McMaster University at the Michael G. DeGroote School of Business. He subsequently qualified as a Chartered Accountant while he was employed at KPMG.
During his time at KPMG, he worked primarily in the audit department with an emphasis on manufacturing, retail and distribution clients. In this position, Scott gained experience with many companies of assorted sized which were both publically and privately held.
Scott moved on to the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (“CIPF”) as a Financial Examiner. CIPF is a compensation fund for the brokerage industry. Scott analyzed financial brokerage firms’ financial results and assessed the risks these firms posed to CIPF. He also made extensive use of his French translation skills as he spoke to individual investors and firms in French. He was responsible for translating reports generated by brokerage firms and/or the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (“IIROC”).
Most recently, Scott was a Senior Compliance Officer for the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (“MFDA”). The MFDA is the national self-regulatory organization for the distribution side of the Canadian mutual fund industry. Scott was the leader on many audit teams ensuring that MFDA Member firms were compliant regarding mutual fund sales and policies. He provided guidance to MFDA Member organizations regarding how to comply with industry regulations. Furthermore, he again made extensive use of his French translation skills allowing him to complete audit procedures with Member staff members who spoke primarily French and translate documents for the MFDA.
Scott currently volunteers as the Treasurer for Willow Glen Public School’s school council and serves as a leader for both his son’s Scouts Canada Beavers group and a local Clarkson area childrens’ youth church program.
16-1375 Southdown Road
Phone: (647) 287-7598
Back to Top